The WP Spam Blacklister is a simple spam-prevention WordPress plugin that places the IP address of a marked spam post on WordPress’ built in comments blacklist.
If you like total control of the comments on your WordPress blog without having any extra overheads (like you get with 3rd party spam prevention software) then this is a great tool for you.
Tested using WordPress 3.4.2
- Automatically placed IP address on comments blacklist if administrator marks comment as spam
- Will remove IP address from comments blacklist if spam item is marked as ‘not spam’
- When activated will review all spam comments and place the spammers IP address on the comments blacklist.
- Install and activate plugin on WordPress
- Go to Settings -> Discussion in the admin area and review the newly-added IP addresses on in the Comments Blacklist box.
- When you mark comments as spam a user’s IP address will automatically be placed on the comments blacklist.
We’ll continually add to the FAQs when we get feedback from users. Got a question? Let us know.
Want to see a new feature added to this plugin, and are happy to throw in some coin for the development work? Send us an email and let us know what you need.
If this plugin saved you and your client a lot of time and energy in the fight against spam a small donation would be appreciated.